In order to compete at the USEA Adult Team Championships in Tryon, North Carolina September 1-4, 2016 please read the following National Qualifications for Entry. Additionally, each area will have its own qualification standards: Area I, Area II, Area III, Area IV, Area V, Area VI, Area VII, Area VIII, Area IX, and Area X
- The qualifying period for each horse and rider pair is June 1, 2014 - August 22, 2016.
- Horses and riders must be members/registered with the USEA at the time of gaining qualifications, and during the USEA Adult Team Championships.
- All riders must be 22 years of age or older (born in or before 1994).
- Closing dates will be consistent with the USEA American Eventing Championships: Opening date = July 19, 2016, and Closing date = August 16, 2016.
- Each horse and rider pair must have three cross-country rounds with no jumping penalties at recognized USEA horse trials at the ATC level that they wish to compete. None of the qualifying cross-country rides may include dangerous riding penalties.
- The rider must be a current Adult Rider Member for their Area by the closing date of the Adult Team Championship.
- Non-amateur riders may not have completed competitions more than one level higher than the level they are registering to compete in the last 24 months current and preceding year.
- Each Area can have up to eight teams of four riders at the USEA Adult Team Championship.
- All teams should be coordinated through the Area Adult Rider Coordinator(s).
- USEA Executive Clarification (August 24, 2016): The Adult Team Challenge teams should be composed only of riders competing in the Amateur divisions and/or the ATC specific divisions hosted at the USEA American Eventing Championships. Riders competing in the Horse divisions should not be placed on ATC teams.
- Mixed Area teams are allowed and encouraged. All horse and rider pairs without a full team of 3-4 members must be identified by the Area Adult Rider Coordinators as qualified and willing to compete, and submitted to the USEA for inclusion on a mixed team. For more information please contact Kate Lokey at [email protected] or 703-779-0440.
Area I is only using the qualifications as stated for the national ATCs.
Here’s some information for the upcoming season and an explanation of the qualifying requirements for the National ATC at the USEA AEC’s. Please keep in mind we will still hold our Area 2 Adult Team Challenge at Virginia Horse Trials in November with all the fun and excitement we’ve had in the past at VAHT. There may be a few more events added to this list, so mark your calendars and start planning now! Organizers, if you want to host a team competition please email Donna Bottner.
Area 2 Criteria Adult Team Championship (in addition to National Requirements)
- Riders may qualify as individuals or as part of a team.
- Entire team must meet National Qualifications listed above.
- You do not need to form a team to ride in the ATC. Individuals without a complete team will be placed on a team with members from Area 2 and/or other areas.
- Riders should participate in at least one team competition during the qualification time frame of the AECs (meaning Fall 2015 team competitions at VAHT and Full Moon Farm would count); however, if unable to compete in a team competition, but meets all other qualification requirements the rider will still qualify to participate in National ATCc.
- Maximum of 32 riders from Area 2 may participate (two four-person teams at each level).
- Riders may participate in both AEC and ATC divisions concurently. If teams are full, preference will be given to riders participating only in the ATC division and only those riders are eligible for the Adult Rider transportation subsidy.
Contact the Area II - Adult Rider Coordinator Donna Bottner for more information.
Area III is only using the qualifications as stated for the national ATCs. Even though the area is doing a couple of team challenges they are not adding anything to it. We are looking hard for interested adult riders, please contact Robin Bass if you are interested in being a member of an Area III team!
Area V is only using the qualifications as stated for the national ATCs.
Area VI is only using the qualifications as stated for the national ATCs.
Contact the Area VI - Adult Rider Coordinator Dawn Robins for more information.
1.Must be a member of Adult Riders and Area VII is using the qualifications as stated for the national ATCs.
2. Area qualification - must have shown team spirit.
3. Monetary compensation available only to those competing in the ATC. May be on a team if you are riding in the AEC in a rider division only. Compensation not available for AEC competitors.
Contact the Area VII - Adult Rider Coordinator Maggie Rikard for more information
1. Area VIII is using the National Qualifications as stated above.
2. Rider must be a current member of their Area VIII Adult Rider Program by the ATC closing date.
3. Maximum of 32 riders from Area VII may participate (two four-person teams at each level).
4. Identify your intent to compete at the ATC to the Area VIII Adult Rider Coordinator by the ATC closing date. All teams must be coordinated through the Area VIII Adult Rider Coordinator.
1. Horse and rider combination, gogether, must have three clean cross-country jumping rounds (no jumping penalties). Qualifying score is void if a dangerous riding penalty (yellow card) was received.
2. Rider must be a current member of their Area X Adult Rider Program by the ATC closing date.
3. Non-amateur riders may not have completed any competitions at a level greater than their ATC competition level in the last 24 months.
4. Identify your intent to compete at the ATC to the Area X Adult Rider Coordinator by the ATC closing date. All teams must be coordinated through the Area X Adult Rider Coordinator.