The Middleburg H.T. (Jun 2014) Omnibus Listing
Event Date: Jun 07-08, 2014
Open Date: Apr 22 Close Date: May 20
USEF/USEA Recognized Division:P
USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized Divisions:T,N,BN
Fri: Cross-country course open-3 pm. Show Jumping course open - 4 pm. Sat: All P/T - Dressage 8:00-am; P/T Show jumping-10:00 am; P/T Cross-country-10:30 am Sun: All N/BN - Dressage-8:00 am; N/BN Show Jumping-10:00; N/BN Cross-country-10:30 am. Divisions may change days depending on entries. Any changes will be posted to website.
Available online Wednesday, June 4 on www.mocponyclub.org
Judges: Pres: Helen Brettell, VA Dressage Judges: Cathy Tucker Slaterbeck, MD
SJ Judge: Kathy White, VA
CD: XC/SJ: Nina Fout, VA
Send Entries to:
Enter via Xentry or mail to
PO Box 1758
Middleburg, VA 20118
Email: [email protected];
Phone (703)472-1541 (please no calls after 8:30pm)
Draw checks payable to Middleburg Horse Trials. Entry forms may be submitted to the secretary via US Mail, email or XEntry. If doing an electronic entry through XEntry you must postmark via US Mail or email your payment or RECEIPT of payment, signature page and Coggins within 5 days of entering or entry is considered incomplete and may be subject to post entry and/or additional office fees. For emailed entries, the postmark on payment sent via US Mail is considered the entry date. Muck deposit check (if applicable) must be received via US Mail before entry will be complete.
Organizer: Jennifer Mosle, P.O. Box 1758, Middleburg VA 20118 Email: [email protected] Phone (703)201-1023
Competition Management: Middleburg Orange County Pony Club
fee includeS a $25 non-refundable office fee.
• $50.00 returned (bounced) check fee.
• Include printed, legible and current email address on entry. All correspondence from the secretary will be by email.
• All entrants competing Novice or higher must be USEA members. All horses competing Novice or higher must have USEA registration number. Beginner Novice riders who are not USEA members will be required to pay $25 non-member fee with entry. Preliminary competitors, include copies of current rider, trainer and owner (including farm, syndicate, etc.) USEF membership cards. Riders and/or owners of horses competing at the Preliminary level who are not USEF members will be required to pay $30 non-member fee with entry.
• For all stabled horses, include stabling form and separate $50 check payable to Middleburg Horse Trials for muck deposit for EACH stall requested. Checks will be destroyed or returned upon stall being stripped. For all ship-in (non-stabled) horses include $10 grounds fee per horse with entry.
• Double entries: Not accepted.
• If using Xentry, you must submit entry pages, Coggins, copies of membership cards and deposits within 5 days of entering. If not postmarked within 5 days, entry will be assigned postmark on the day entry is complete and may be subject to post entry/late fees and/or additional office fee.
• For emailed entries, the postmark on payment sent via US Mail is considered the entry date.
• Check entry status online at www.mocponycub.org. Entries may be accepted after the closing date on a space-available basis. Incomplete entries may be wait listed until complete. If there is a wait list, it will be posted on the website along with entry status.
• Unpaid entries are incomplete and will not be assigned ride times.
• Emergency information box on entry must be filled out or entry is not complete.
• Additional $30.00 office fee for any entry incomplete after the C.D. This includes but is not limited to missing registration/membership numbers, Coggins, emergency contact, payment, stabling forms, etc.
• $30.00 additional fee for any change of entry after C.D. Changes should be sent to the secretary by email or US Mail. Changes NOT accepted by phone.
• $50.00 post entry/late fee for any entries postmarked or received after closing date.
• Refunds: Before C.D.-Less $25 office fee; After C.D.- $150 entry & stabling refund ONLY if place can be filled from wait list. NO REFUNDS for any level (entry or stabling) AFTER 9 pm June 3rd. USEA Starter and USEF Fees Refund Policy: The USEA Starter and D&M fees will be returned within 30 days of the competition to any who do not start the dressage test.
• Competition cancellation-No refund.
• All scratches must be given directly to Philippa Fewell via email: [email protected] We are not responsible for scratches left on answering machines. E-mail required.
• Negative Coggins certificate valid though June 8, 2014 required for all horses. Horses without current Coggins on file or in hand will not be allowed on grounds.
Eight ribbons per division; Low score trophy at each level; Prize money for 1st through 3rd in Preliminary divisions paid by check at event; Certificates good toward 2015 entry fees for 1st through 3rd in Beginner Novice through Training divisions. Product awards at all levels by Sponsors. The Tender Offer Perpetual Trophy to low score Preliminary horse. $3 fee for mailing ribbon paid to secretary prior competition conclusion.
Stabling: $40.00 per day or night (not to exceed 24 hrs). Tack stall: $40.00 per day or night. One bag of shavings provided for each night stabled. 84 perm 10x10 stalls on grounds. Stall doors provided. Straw available if requested in advance. Stabling refunds: in full before C.D. After C.D. only if place filled from wait list. No refund after 9 pm, June 3. Shavings available for purchase onsite. Mandatory stall cards with emergency contact information must be posted on stalls. Stalls must be stripped for separate muck fee check to be returned or destroyed. Limited access for trucks & trailers in barn areas.
Veterinarian: VA Equine Imaging (540)687-4663 clinic and Chad Davis (540)955-9115. Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center, Leesburg, VA (800)436-2911. Numbers will be posted at Secretary's stand and barns. No public phone at Glenwood Park.
Make reservations early as we share this weekend with the Upperville Horse & Colt show. Local Bed and Breakfast Lodging in Middleburg and Aldie, VA; Best Western Leesburg -15 mi., 703-777-9400; Hampton Inn Leesburg - 15 mi., 703-669-8640; Days Inn Leesburg -15 mi., 703-777-6622; Comfort Suites Leesburg - 15 mi. 703-669-1650; Holiday Inn Leesburg - 15 mi., 703-771-9200; Hampton Inn Dulles Chantilly, 16 mi., 703-818-8200; Fairfield Inn Chantilly, 16 mi., 703-435-1111; Courtyard by Marriott Chantilly, 16 mi., 703-709-7100. NO electric or water hookups. NO tent sites and NO sleeping in barns. Self contained RV/Trailers only
Test and arena sizes: All P-2014 USEF Preliminary Level Test A-Small Arena. All T-2014 USEF Training Level Test B-Small Arena. All N-2014 USEF Novice Level Test B-Small Arena. All BN-2014 USEF Beginner Novice Level Test B-Small Arena. Arenas: All outdoor rings with permanent bluestone & sand mix footing. Dressage warmup available on both grass in large field or outdoor ring with permanent bluestone & sand mix footing.
All P-2800 m @ 520 mpm. All T-2200 m @ 450 mpm. All N-2000 m @ 375 mpm. All BN-1900 m @ 325 mpm. Terrain: Open, rolling racecourse - old established turf, excellent footing. On all courses obstacles tend toward maximum heights for the level. Forward galloping courses. Well suited for horses with experience at the level. P - runs partially on adjacent property fields on improved tracks, includes water complex, trakehner, banks & 1/2 coffin. T - includes water complex, trakehner, banks & ditch. N/BN - includes water complex, bank(s) and ditch.
Cross-country course closed for schooling. Levels may be divided/combined if entries warrant; state preferences under the Eligible Section and birth date on entry, otherwise Senior is assumed. If event is oversubscribed, preference given to higher levels. Divisions may change days depending on entries. Any changes will be posted to website. Ship-ins should plan to bring own water, as closest hydrants are in the barns.
Caterer on grounds for breakfast & lunch. Vendors on grounds during event. Photographers on site with mobile lab. No loose dogs anywhere on the grounds including on XC course. Dogs must be leashed and attached to a person or vehicle per USEF Rule GR1301.6. Absolutely NO motorized vehicles left in barns.
Refund checks not mailed until after event and check has cleared. Watch www.mocponyclub.org website for additional information.