Old Chatham H.T. (Jul 2017) Omnibus Listing
Event Date: Jul 09, 2017
Open Date: May 23 Close Date: Jun 20
Address: 236 Shaker Museum Rd., Old Chatham, NY 12136
From South: Rt. 22 N to Rt 203 in Austerlitz. Left on 203. 8 mi. to light in Chatham. Right onto Rt 66 N 4.5 mi. to right onto Lovers Ln. Right at stop onto Rt 13. 2.3 mi., to left onto Shaker Museum Rd. 1 mi to event. OR Rt. 9 N to Rt 9H N. Right onto Rt 66 N to Chatham. Follow above directions from light in Chatham. OR: NY Thruway to exit 19. Follow signs to cross Rhinecliff Bridge. At second light after crossing bridge, turn left left onto 9G, follow to light at Rt. 199. Turn right. Follow into Red Hook. At light turn left onto Rt 9 N, same as above.
From North: Rt 22 S to Rt 20 W to left onto Rt 66 S. 3 mi., to stop, left across into Shaker Museum Rd, 1.5 mi., to event.
From East: Mass Pike to NY Thruway Exit B3, right off exit onto Rt 22 N. Follow 3.1 mi., to light, left onto Rt 295, then 6.6 mi., to E. Chatham. Turn right onto Albany Tpk. Follow 3 mi., to Old Chatham, Bear hard left thru square in Old Chatham onto Cty Rt 13. 1 mi to right onto Shaker Museum Rd., 1 mi to event.
From West: I-90 E to exit 12. Right off exit to Rt 9 S., 1 mi., to left onto Cty Rt 32. Follow approx. 3 mi. to stop. Continue straight onto 203/32, then right continuing on 32. Follow to stop. Left onto Rt 66 N .7 mi. then bear right onto Shaker Museum Rd 1.5 mi to event.
USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized Divisions:PT,T,TH,TR,TN,N,NH,NR,BN,BNH,BNR
USEA Recognized Test:Intro
Sat: Cross-country course open-3 pm.
Sun: Dressage-8 am; Show Jumping-10 am; Cross-Country-Noon.
Divisions split at the discretion of event secretary.
Please make sure to complete the eligibility section and date of birth on the entry to assist with scheduling.
Available on Old Chatham Horse Trials website or on Area I website at www.area1usea.org. hopefully no later than Wed. before Event.
Email is the preferred and quickest form of communication.
E-mails will be sent.…please make sure your email address is legible on your entry.
Judges: Pres: Carol Kozlowsk, (NY) Dressage Judges: Keith Angstadt, (MA)
Show Jumping: Judith Travers-Lawless, MA
CD-XC: Ronan Moloney, (NY), SJ: Margie Hutchison XC Builder: Chris Milanesi
Send Entries to:
703 Hwy 126
Amsterdam, NY 12010
(518) 428-4386 Fax (866) 543-1841
Draw checks to Bunker Hill Farm, LLC
ENTER ON-LINE AT: www.EventEntries.com. Credit Cards or checks accepted.
Margaret Hutchison (518) 441-2176.
- BNH: Horse may not have completed an event above the next highest level. e.g., Horse may have completed at Novice level, but not Training -See 2017 USEF Rules for Eventing.
- Please make sure to complete the eligibility section and date of birth on the entry document to assist with scheduling.
- Please indicate if this is your first recognized competition.
- Refunds: Before C.D.-In full. After C.D.- Less $25 fee ONLY if place can be filled from wait list. Competition cancellation: Possible partial refunds after expenses are covered.
- Neg. Coggins required within 12 months for all horses
- Special requests noted but not guaranteed.
- Please let us know if you have ridden with any of the officials within 6 months of the event.
- Please go to Old Chatham Horse Trials website for special rules governing Intro Tests.
- Any Entry accepted after Closing Date will be charged a $50 Late Fee.
Trophy & 6 ribbons per division.
Event is participating in The Jockey Club’s Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.) Eligibility & Awards: BN thru P/T Low Point Thoroughbred Awards -$75 prize money, prize and ribbon for champion; ribbon for reserve champion.
On-site Stabling: $145.00. Please include separate $25 stall cleaning deposit made out to Bunker Hill Farm, LLC. Available noon Sat; must be vacated Sun pm. Stalls must be stripped upon departure or stall deposit will be cashed (stripped stalls will have checks destroyed). Stall doors provided. No bedding provided. Shavings available for purchase on grounds: $6.00 per bag. Please pre-order with Secretary. Veterinarian: Equine Clinic at Oakencroft (518) 767-2906
*Please make reservations early! Comfort Inn & Suites-East Greenbush, 10.4 mi., (866) 264-5744. Americas Best Value Inn-Albany/East Greenbush, 12.48 mi, (866) 272-4856. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-West Coxsackie, 12.9 mi, (866) 276-6393. Best Western New Baltimore Inn-Coxsackie, 13.26 mi, (866) 279-5332. Fairfield Inn by Marriott-East Greenbush, 13.68 mi., (866) 286-0843. Residence Inn by Marriott-Albany/East Greenbush, 13.92 mi, (866) 295-5798. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-East Greenbush, 14.19 mi., (866) 313-6242. Heart of the Berkshires Motel, 14.53 mi, (866) 265-3604. Camping: Not available.
Test & arena sizes: Intro: 2015 USDF Intro Test C - Sm. BN: 2014 USEF Beg. Novice Test B - Sm. N: 2014 USEF Novice Test B - Sm. All T: USEF Training Test B- Sm. PT: 2014 USEF Preliminary Test A - Sm. Arenas: Grass, plank arenas.
PT/All T-2100 m @ 450 mpm. All N-1900 m @400 mpm. BN-1700 m @ 350 mpm. Intro-1300 m @ 325 mpm.
All speeds and distances subject to change based on weather and other conditions
All courses: Slightly above average for horses with some experience at the levels. Water jump for T,N,BN, optional for Intro Has all types of questions and challenges to keep both rider and horse engaged. Course runs across hay and groomed fields, some portions through wooded area; mid-summer ground may be hard if no rain; holds up well if a lot of rain.
All efforts are made to ensure good footing as well as maintaining the integrity of the property for the Old Chatham Sheep Herding Co., property owner. Intro separate course: max fence ht 2'.
Go to Old Chatham Horse Trials Website for Special Rules for Intro Division!
Cross-country course never open except for the Tues after the event for the XC clinic - see program & www.ENYDCTA.org for details.
- Any entry accepted after CD will be assessed $50 Late Fee.
- Cross-country course never open except for the Tues after the event for the XC clinic - see program & http://www.larkinhill.com/old_chatham_ht.html for details.
- Riders limited 2 horse/level or 4 horses total. Divisions further divided if entries warrant; state birth date on entry.
- Times are finalized Tues evening - emailed to competitors & posted on OCHT website. Posting on Area 1 is at the discretion of the webmaster, usually by Wed.
- Competition will be using the Rider-Keeper pinney holder. Limited quantity available for purchase ($20/holder) or purchase through Bit-O-Britain.
- Food on grounds for purchase.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times (max 6' leash).
- BNH: for horses who have not competed training or above.
- Wait List Policy: Before CD – filled by date of receipt by secretary, regardless of division. After CD – filled as openings become available within scheduled divisions. if oversubscribed, Recognized Divisions will take precedence
- Changes: After CD – subject to $25 fee per change.
- Non-negotiable checks - $30 charge.
- Email notices are sent periodically from the secretary. Please make sure your email address is legible on your entry.
- Special requests are noted but not guaranteed.
- Partial Proceeds to Benefit Columbia Land Conservancy...help preserve and support Open Land in Columbia County!