The USEA has extended the deadline for the Appreciation Awards To October 10. Please send in your nominations using the Appreciation Awards Form as soon as possible.
Every year at the USEA Annual Meeting and Convention an Awards ceremony is held. This is an opportunity for the sport to recognize those horses and riders who have excelled in Eventing throughout the year. It is also an opportunity to recognize those very important people who have served the sport tirelessly in a non-riding capacity. While it is a simple matter of tabulating points earned in competition to arrive at the horse and rider awards, it is a very different proposition when it comes to the non-rider awards; these awards require nominations from our members. The Appreciation Awards Committee is currently accepting nominations for the awards listed here. If you know someone who is deserving of one of these awards, please submit your nominations for consideration to:
Sheila Strickler, Chairman of the USEA
Appreciation Awards Committee,
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: (520) 742-6362
• COURTNEY C. REEVES MEMORIAL TROPHY: Awarded to the young individual who exemplifies sportsmanship, the spirit of the sport, and who gives back to the sport.
• GOVERNORS CUPS: In recognition of the volunteers whose services have contributed significantly to the sport. Approximately six cups per year may be awarded.
• GROOMS AWARD: The Grooms Award is divided into two categories, Amateur and Professional. The purpose of the award is to recognize the vital role played by the groom who works countless hours behind-the-scenes to make sure their charges are healthy, happy, and poised for success.
• IRONMASTER TROPHY: Awarded to the individual that exemplifies fortitude and courage. Open to anyone associated with the sport: volunteer, spectator, official, trainer, competitor, groom, or groundskeeper.
• VINTAGE CUP: Awarded to members 60 years of age and over who are competing at any level in recognized USEA competitions and who show good sportsmanship.
Yesterday’s three-way tie was broken today in the CCI4*-S at the Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event presented by MARS Equestrian. Tamra Smith, Doug Payne, and Elisabeth Halliday-Sharp were joint leaders on a score of 28.1 in yesterday’s portion of the dressage, but 25 horses completed the CCI4*-S division today, and two pairs bested the three-way tie to take over.
Are you following along with the action from home this weekend? Or maybe you're competing at an event and need information fast. Either way, we’ve got you covered! Check out the USEA’s Weekend Quick Links for links to information including the prize list, ride times, live scores, and more for all the events running this weekend.
Yesterday 20 CCI4*-S pairs and 30 CCI5*-L pairs had their turn in front of the judges at the 2021 Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event and today the remaining groups will canter down centerline in the Rolex Stadium.
The curveballs didn’t fall short on the second day of competition at the 2021 Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event Presented by Mars Equestrian. Yesterday there was snow, and today there was a new venue record set in the CCI5*L dressage. A total of 30 CCI5*L horses did dressage in front of three judges - Christina Klingspor of Sweden at C, Robert Stevenson of U.S. at B, and Peter Gray of Canada a H.