The USEA has extended the deadline for the Appreciation Awards To October 10. Please send in your nominations using the Appreciation Awards Form as soon as possible.
Every year at the USEA Annual Meeting and Convention an Awards ceremony is held. This is an opportunity for the sport to recognize those horses and riders who have excelled in Eventing throughout the year. It is also an opportunity to recognize those very important people who have served the sport tirelessly in a non-riding capacity. While it is a simple matter of tabulating points earned in competition to arrive at the horse and rider awards, it is a very different proposition when it comes to the non-rider awards; these awards require nominations from our members. The Appreciation Awards Committee is currently accepting nominations for the awards listed here. If you know someone who is deserving of one of these awards, please submit your nominations for consideration to:
Sheila Strickler, Chairman of the USEA
Appreciation Awards Committee,
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: (520) 742-6362
• COURTNEY C. REEVES MEMORIAL TROPHY: Awarded to the young individual who exemplifies sportsmanship, the spirit of the sport, and who gives back to the sport.
• GOVERNORS CUPS: In recognition of the volunteers whose services have contributed significantly to the sport. Approximately six cups per year may be awarded.
• GROOMS AWARD: The Grooms Award is divided into two categories, Amateur and Professional. The purpose of the award is to recognize the vital role played by the groom who works countless hours behind-the-scenes to make sure their charges are healthy, happy, and poised for success.
• IRONMASTER TROPHY: Awarded to the individual that exemplifies fortitude and courage. Open to anyone associated with the sport: volunteer, spectator, official, trainer, competitor, groom, or groundskeeper.
• VINTAGE CUP: Awarded to members 60 years of age and over who are competing at any level in recognized USEA competitions and who show good sportsmanship.
Equine Network is thrilled to have the support of the United States Eventing Association (USEA) for the third annual Horse Week event brought to you by Boehringer Ingelheim.
It was a busy day at Stable View Oktoberfest in Aiken, South Carolina as all FEI divisions and a few national divisions kicked off their competition weekend, including the 2023 USEF/USEA Developing Horse Eventing National Championships. Both the 6-year-olds and 7-year-olds got their chance to shine down the centerline at the start of the day, with the 7-year-olds also giving their best effort across Michael Vallaincourt’s show jumping track later this afternoon.
The USEA Eventing Coaches Program (ECP) has initiated a renewed focus on the diverse challenges coaches in various regions of the country may be facing. To this end, the program is in the process of enlisting representatives in each of the 10 USEA areas to help guide the program as warranted for the unique needs of each specific area.
The United States Eventing Association (USEA) has opened nominations for the annual appreciation awards through Oct. 29. This is an opportunity for the sport to recognize those horses and riders who excelled in eventing throughout the year. It is also an opportunity to recognize and honor the very important people who have served the sport tirelessly both in a non-riding capacity and riding capacity during their golden years.