Watching the highest eventing competition in the country may be the main purpose for many people to make the trek to the 2019 Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event, but the shopping is the cherry on top of a great week. The USEA booth is a must stop for the only place on grounds to buy official U.S. Eventing merchandise. The USEA has some unique offerings this year that you won’t want to miss. Find the USEA at booth 3 – right across from the Bruce Davidson statue as you exit the Rolex Arena.
10. Sunshirts – Get everyone’s favorite summer riding shirt USEA-a-fied! We have popular Ariat and Mountain Horse sunshirts in a variety of colors and styles.
9. Want to look official and be protected from the elements? The U.S. Eventing windbreakers are a must have for any eventing enthusiast.
8. Stickers, pins, keychains, popsockets, and more! The USEA has something for every budget and need. Show of your eventing pride in every aspect of your life.
7. Need something for the man in your life? What could be better than a USEA men’s polo or windbreaker?
6. Channel your inner Boyd Martin by stopping at the booth to have your photo taken jumping into the Head of the Lake.
5. Protect yourself from the chilly mornings with a USEA Mountain Horse puffy jacket.
4. Every eventer needs a truck and every truck needs a hitch cover, so you might as well buy an official USEA hitch cover!
3. Who doesn’t love a good hoodie? Well the USEA has one for sale that every eventer and hoodie-lover needs in their closet.
2. Put your name on the map! If you’re planning to return to the Kentucky Horse Park for the 2019 USEA American Eventing Championships (AEC) on August 27 – September 1, stop by the USEA booth and sign your name. The map display will be out front, and visitors will be given a thumbtack to tack onto their hometown. Even if you don’t plan to compete, stop by the booth to see who will be in attendance and how far their journey is to the Kentucky Horse Park.
1. The USEA is celebrating 60 years this year and in honor of our birthday we are bringing back our past by launching a limited-edition range of USCTA Vintage Apparel. If you still catch yourself calling us USCTA, remember fondly the days of the long format, or just want to be cool – then you need your own piece of USCTA apparel.
Can't make it out to Kentucky? Don't worry as many of these items are available on www.ShopUSEA.com!
Following the popularity of Rules Open Forum held virtually during the 2020 USEA Annual Meeting & Convention in December, the USEA Competitions, Calendar, and Rules Committee decided to host another Rules Webinar to share information about the extraordinary rule changes going into effect on April 1, 2021 and the rule change proposals being put forward to the USEF by March 1, 2021 for approval for the 2022 competition season.
Are you following along with the action from home this weekend? Or maybe you're competing at an event and need information fast. Either way, we’ve got you covered! Check out the USEA’s Weekend Quick Links for links to information including the prize list, ride times, live scores, and more for all the events running this weekend.
Chris Ryan’s initial assessment of this 3-year-old off-the-track Thoroughbred gelding is that he’s a “good quality sort. Brown is a great color – a strong color in ‘nature.’ One of the first questions I ask myself when evaluating a horse is if he has refinement. We know the breed type here is Thoroughbred but I still ask the question."
The USEA Event Companion App was launched in late 2016 for iOS and Android devices to provide USEA members with easy, at-your-fingertips access to the USEA calendar of events, dressage tests, rules, news, and more. The app, now in its fifth year, has rolled out a new feature for users - push notifications are here!