Watching the highest eventing competition in the country may be the main purpose for many people to make the trek to the 2019 Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event, but the shopping is the cherry on top of a great week. The USEA booth is a must stop for the only place on grounds to buy official U.S. Eventing merchandise. The USEA has some unique offerings this year that you won’t want to miss. Find the USEA at booth 3 – right across from the Bruce Davidson statue as you exit the Rolex Arena.
10. Sunshirts – Get everyone’s favorite summer riding shirt USEA-a-fied! We have popular Ariat and Mountain Horse sunshirts in a variety of colors and styles.
9. Want to look official and be protected from the elements? The U.S. Eventing windbreakers are a must have for any eventing enthusiast.
8. Stickers, pins, keychains, popsockets, and more! The USEA has something for every budget and need. Show of your eventing pride in every aspect of your life.
7. Need something for the man in your life? What could be better than a USEA men’s polo or windbreaker?
6. Channel your inner Boyd Martin by stopping at the booth to have your photo taken jumping into the Head of the Lake.
5. Protect yourself from the chilly mornings with a USEA Mountain Horse puffy jacket.
4. Every eventer needs a truck and every truck needs a hitch cover, so you might as well buy an official USEA hitch cover!
3. Who doesn’t love a good hoodie? Well the USEA has one for sale that every eventer and hoodie-lover needs in their closet.
2. Put your name on the map! If you’re planning to return to the Kentucky Horse Park for the 2019 USEA American Eventing Championships (AEC) on August 27 – September 1, stop by the USEA booth and sign your name. The map display will be out front, and visitors will be given a thumbtack to tack onto their hometown. Even if you don’t plan to compete, stop by the booth to see who will be in attendance and how far their journey is to the Kentucky Horse Park.
1. The USEA is celebrating 60 years this year and in honor of our birthday we are bringing back our past by launching a limited-edition range of USCTA Vintage Apparel. If you still catch yourself calling us USCTA, remember fondly the days of the long format, or just want to be cool – then you need your own piece of USCTA apparel.
Can't make it out to Kentucky? Don't worry as many of these items are available on www.ShopUSEA.com!
While every story submitted to the USEA for the June Horse of the Month was unique and special, it was Teddy’s story that stood out. Therefore, the USEA June Horse of the Month is Talon Ted aka "Teddy", a 14.1 hand, 17-year-old Paint Pinto Gelding owned by Eran Murray and ridden by Eran’s daughter, Brooke Murray.
In 2000 and with the support of Joan Iversen Goswell, the Worth the Trust Scholarships were established to provide financial assistance to amateurs to pursue their education in eventing. The funds from the Worth the Trust Educational Scholarship may be used for training opportunities such as clinics, working student positions, and private or group instruction, or to learn from an official, course designer, technical delegate, judge, veterinarian, or organizer.
The spring eventing season in the Midwest is always a toss-up due to unpredictable weather. Will it rain, will it be sunny, or will it be a snowstorm? No one knows! Mid-America Combined Training Association’s (MACTA) first cross-country schooling of the season was cancelled in March due to extremely muddy footing conditions and by the time our April dates came around, COVID-19 was in full force and we were unable to host our cross-country schooling and schooling show.
The FEI has published its Policy for Enhanced Competition Safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, aimed at assisting organizers and national federations with the safe resumption of international equestrian events in line with national and local restrictions.