May 11, 2020
USEA Podcast #257: Top Tips from Top Grooms
Nicole Brown is joined by a few of the best grooms in the business: our own USEA President Max Corcoran, Emma Ford, and Alex Van Tuyll, to answer all your burning horse care questions!
- How do you get the grey horses sparkling white?
- What are your top tips for braiding? Any special products you recommend? And, of course, the great debate: thread or yarn?
- Should the bridle be tied on to the first braid?
- Is there anything you used to do that you don’t anymore, or something you’ve added to your repertoire over the years that’s made a difference?
- What are some of the things that you can do at home to get to know your horse a bit better?
- Any tips for teaching feisty babies how to be bathed and clipped?
- Talk about your post cross-country care routines?
- What are some of your tips for putting quartermarks on your horse?
- Favorite tack cleaner or conditioner?
- Favorite clippers?
- To round out the episode, Corcoran, Ford, and Van Tuyll each impart a nugget of wisdom that has served them well in their time as grooms.
Subscribe to the USEA Official Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, PodBean, or Stitcher, or click below to listen in!