Mary Burke and Prince William, winners of the 2015 and 2016 Aspen Farms Horse Trials Adequan USEA Gold Cup Advanced division.Tim O'Neal Photo.
For the fifth year in a row, the Aspen Farms Horse Trials will host an Adequan USEA Gold Cup Advanced level qualifying division at their fall event, September 8-10, 2017. Aspen Farms is the second qualifying event on the calendar for the 2018 Adequan USEA Gold Cup Series, which qualifies riders to compete in the Adequan USEA Gold Cup Final at the 2018 USEA American Eventing Championships.
- Aspen Farms offers divisions for Beginner Novice through Advanced levels and is hosting the 2017 Area VII Championships for Beginner Novice through Intermediate this year.
- Eight horse-and-rider combinations are set to contest the Adequan USEA Gold Cup Advanced division.
- Sophie Click and Hot Wheels, Anne-Sophie Levesque and Eskapade, and Patience O’Neal and Huw Munges are all making their step up to the Advanced level for the first time at this event. All three of these riders also competed in the CICOY2* at the 2017 North American Junior & Young Rider Championships at Rebecca Farm in July.
- Tremaine Cooper designs the Preliminary, Intermediate, and Advanced courses, and Jonathan Elliott designs the courses for Beginner Novice, Novice, and Training
- Show jumping for all levels is designed by Tremaine Cooper.
- More than $20,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded to the top finishers across the divisions, thanks to the generous sponsors of the Aspen Farms Horse Trials.
- Competitors are encouraged to share their photos to social media using the hashtags #AFHT and #AreaVIIChamps
- 8:00 a.m. – Dressage (All Levels)
- 8:00 a.m. – Cross-Country (Preliminary-Advanced)
- 9:00 a.m. – Show Jumping (Beginner Novice-Training)
- 8:30 a.m. – Cross-Country (Beginner Novice-Training)
- 9:00 a.m. – Show Jumping (Preliminary-Advanced)
About the Adequan USEA Gold Cup Series
The 2018 Adequan USEA Gold Cup Series features 11 qualifying competitions throughout the United States at the Advanced horse trials and CIC3* levels. The qualifying period begins August 2017 and continues through August 2018 with the final taking place at the 2018 USEA American Eventing Championships at the Colorado Horse Park in Parker, Colorado, August 29 – September 2, 2018. Riders who complete a qualifier earn the chance to vie for $40,000 in prize money and thousands of dollars in prizes and the title of Adequan USEA Gold Cup Champion in the Adequan USEA Gold Cup Final Advanced Division.
The 2018 Adequan USEA Gold Cup Series is made possible through the support of its many loyal sponsors: Adequan, Standlee Forage, Nutrena, Merck Animal Health, and FITS.