Middle Tennessee Pony Club Horse Trials (Oct 2017) Omnibus Listing
Event Date: Oct 07-08, 2017
Open Date: Aug 22 Close Date: Sep 19
STABLING & ALL PHASES AT PERCY WARNER PARK EQUESTRIAN CENTER: 2500 Old Hickory Blvd., Nashville TN 37221:
From I-65 North: Exit 74-B, onto Old Hickory Blvd. Proceed west 7 miles, Park Equestrian entrance on right just past golf course.
From I-65 South: Exit 74-B, onto Old Hickory Blvd. Proceed west 7 miles, Park Equestrian entrance on right just past golf course.
From I-24 Chattanooga: Take I-840 near Murfreesboro, exit 74-A Franklin onto I-65 N, proceed as above, from I-65 South.
From I-40 West/Memphis: Exit 196 onto Hwy. 70 S. 2 miles to Old Hickory Blvd., turn right. 1 mile to Hwy. 100, turn left. 7/10th mile to Old Hickory Blvd., turn right. 1/2 mile turn left into Equestrian Ctr. Percy Warner Park.
USEF/USEA Recognized Division:P
USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized Divisions:T,N,BN
USEA Recognized Test:Starter
ALL ACTIVITY TAKES PLACE AT PERCY WARNER PARK.
PARKING: All trailers and vehicles will be parked in the temporary stabling tent field. Please follow directions of the Parking Attendants.
Sat: Secretary open 7:00 am. Dressage-8:00 am - All levels. Cross Country-10:30 am - P/T/N/BN/S.
Show Jumping open 3:00 pm, set for Preliminary, maps for all divisions posted.
Sun: Show Jumping - 8 am - P/T/N/BN/S.
NOTE: Show Jumping ride times will NOT be posted. An estimate of each level's start time will be posted on the Website and Facebook early Sunday morning and will be determined by no-shows and eliminations day prior. The order will be P/T/N/BN/S in numerical order. AWARDS will be presented after each division.
Entry status online, CHECK WEBSITE: https://middletennessee.ponyclub.org, link to Horse Trials, Start Box.
Judges: Pres: Janice Holmes, OH Dressage Judge: Joni Abney, TN; Mary Lewis, GA
CD:XC: Jonathan Wells, TN SJ: Fuzzy Mayo, TN
Send Entries to:
ENTER ONLINE USING XENTRY - http://useventing.com/competitions/xentry
5261 Pine Hill Rd.
Nashville, TN 37221
Mobile: (615) 598-0205.
Email Secretary - [email protected] - for entry and scheduling inquiries.
Email Organizer, J.J. Johnson - [email protected] - for all other inquiries.
MTPC website - https://middletennessee.ponyclub.org
A 'Horse Trials' link will be available near Opening Date. Draw checks to M.T.P.C.
Org: J.J. Johnson / MTPC Organizing Committee, 3055 Blue Creek Rd., Lynnville TN 38472.
Please communicate by email: [email protected] Day time phone: 615-351-1062.
Any inquiries not related to entries or scheduling send to Organizer.
Entry changes or inquiries, send directly to Event Secretary.
- Entries are ONLY accepted through Xentry, except for Starters who do not have a valid USEA number.
Link to Xentry for entry and payment (USEA website): http://useventing.com/competitions/Xentry.
- Entries are not complete without payment.
- Entries for Starters without a USEA Identification number may be scanned & emailed, or printed & mailed to Secretary with signatures, check(s), Coggins.
- Signature pages and Coggins for all other entries may be emailed or mailed to secretary if you are unable to include these with your electronic entry.
- Refundable Stall Cleaning Deposit of $50 with entry.
- Nothing requiring a signature upon delivery will be accepted.
- Neg. Coggins within 12 months required for all horses.
- Entries limited to 180.
- If entries are full prior to Closing Date, recognized levels will have priority over Starter Level, and USEA members will have priority over non-members.
- Starter Entries are exempt from USEA Membership/Non-Member Fees and USEA Starter/Drug Fees.
- Entry fee includes a $25 non-refundable office fee.
- Plastic pinny holders used for all levels, none for sale.
- Double entries: Not accepted.
- CHECK WEBSITE: https://middletennessee.ponyclub.org link to Horse Trials, Start Box.
Refunds: Entries: In writing (email acceptable) before 9 pm central time on C.D.- Less $25 non-refundable office fee.
After C.D.-Entry: USEA/USEF starter fees ONLY if no wait list or entry fee less $50 if place can be filled from wait list.
USEA Starter and D&M Fees Refund Policy: The USEA Starter and D&M fees ($21), are not subjected to office fees, and shall be returned within 30 days of the competition to any rider who does not start the dressage test.
Stabling: No refund unless stall can be filled from wait list.
Competition cancellation-partial refund after event expenses are paid. Refunds must be processed and may take up to 1-2 weeks or more to be issued.
Prize to 1st & 8 ribbons per division. Special award to Beginner Novice Senior Rider Level entry for most improved score over the weekend. The "Good Willing Most Improved Score Award" donated by Holly Ratcliff and Good Willing.
Special award going to the oldest horse in the Sr. Novice Rider division, sponsored by Lauren Romanelli and her "Double Jeopardy'.
The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.) is offering ribbons, prizes and prize money ($75) to the top placing Thoroughbred at each level. The reserve highest placed Thoroughbred will receive a ribbon. Eligible horses must provide T.I.P. Numbers to event organizer with entry. For more information, visit www.tjctip.com. All prize money will be provided to the host horse show for distribution. Eligibility - Only Thoroughbreds that have been registered with The Jockey Club or a foreign Thoroughbred stud book recognized by The Jockey Club are eligible to participate in T.I.P. classes and awards. Riders and owners should obtain a T.I.P. number for all horse/rider combinations. T.I.P. number applications are done online at www.tjctip.com. T.I.P. numbers must be provided to the horse show with entry. Hard copy forms will also be provided to shows.
- $155.00/stall - PERCY WARNER PARK for duration of event, Fri./Sat. nights.
- Additional nights $50.00/night must notify Secretary if early arrival.
- $50.00 stall deposit due with entry.
- Limited permanent (12x12) & temporaries (10x10) under high-ceiling tent, stall doors and 1 bag shavings provided. Stalls issued on first entered, first served basis.
- Shavings - Pre-order extra bedding with your entry, also available for purchase on-site from Secretary, $7.00/bag. Additional shavings available for purchase Fri. until 7:00 pm and Sat. 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- Stabling in Groups - If you wish to stable together, list the same single name (barn, coach, friend) under 'stable with' on stabling form.
- Tack stalls MAY be available at stall rate, request on entry, notification will be sent when entries close.
- PARKING: All trailers and vehicles will be parked in the temporary stabling tent field. Please follow directions of the Parking Attendants.
Veterinarians: Tennessee Equine Hospital, (615) 591-1232. # will be posted on office door.
MENTION MTPC HORSE TRIALS FOR RATES.
Baymont Inn & Suites Brentwood 111 Penn Warren Dr. Brentwood, TN 37027
Camping: Primitive, in trailers allowed, no charge. No electrical hook-ups or showers available.
Test & arena sizes: All P-2014 USEF Preliminary Test A-Sm. All T-2014 USEF Training Test B-Sm. All N-2014 USEF Novice Test B-Sm. All BN-2014 USEF Beginner Novice Test B-Sm. Starter-2015 USDF Intro Test C-Sm. http://www.usdf.org/downloads/forms/index.asp?TypePass=Tests
Arenas: All arenas and warm-up on grass, weeding and seeding in progress all spring for improved footing.
All P-3000 m @ 520 mpm. All T -2600 m @ 450 mpm. All N-2000 m @ 400 mpm. All BN-2000 m @ 350 mpm. Starter-1000-1400 m @ 280 mpm, 10-14 fences, max height 2'3". All approximate distances. Recognized courses: Varied terrain, gently rolling hills with excellent galloping tracks. Expect water, banks and ditches at all levels except Starter. Narrows and angled questions appropriate to level. All courses built to standards of levels.
Starter level: It is recommended you and your horse are well suited to each other and have experienced all three phases together. Starter level will be timed.
Cross country courses closed Sept. 3rd.
Stabling, Dressage, Cross Country and Show Jumping all held at Percy Warner Park.
Rider limit 2 horses/level.
Divisions further divided/combined as entries warrant; state preferences under the Eligible Section and birth date on entry.
Food on grounds both days, breakfast served.
Participation in Horse Trials: Refer to Appendix 3 Participation in Horse Trials of the USEF 2016 Rules for Eventing. Cross country course open for schooling weekends in August, check website for more information, https://middletennessee.ponyclub.org
Cross country course closed Sept. 3rd.