Loudoun Hunt Pony Club Fall H.T. (Aug 2017) Omnibus Listing
Event Date: Aug 26, 2017
Open Date: Jul 11 Close Date: Aug 08
To Event Site: Oatlands is 6 mi. south of Leesburg off Rte 15.
From North: Rte 15 south from Leesburg approx. 6 mi. Left on Rte 651 (Gap Road) for .3 miles to parking on left.
From South: North on Rte 15 from Rte 50 & Rte 15 intersection approx. 5 mi. Right on Rte 651 (Gap Road) for .3 miles to parking on left.
GPS Address: Across the street from 40215 Gap Road, Leesburg, VA 20175
USEF/USEA Recognized Division:I,P
USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized Divisions:T,N,BN
THIS SCHEDULE IS TENTATIVE, SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO ENTRY NUMBERS AND CONFIGURATIONS. PLEASE CHECK WEBSITE, www.loudounhunt.ponyclub.org, FOR MOST CURRENT INFORMATION.
Fri: Cross-country course open-3 pm.
Sat: I,P Dressage-8 am followed by T,N,BN; Show Jumping-10:00 am; Cross-country.
Available Aug. 23 on the internet: www.loudounhunt.ponyclub.org.
No postcards will be sent.
Judges: Pres: Helen Brettell, VA; Dressage Judges: Nancy Lowey, VA
CD:XC/SJ: Jeff Kibbie, PA
Send Entries to:
TWO WAYS TO ENTER:
1. ON-LINE: Entries accepted with credit card payment (no checks) at http://useventing.com/competitions/xentry
If using Xentry you must submit a hard copy of your entire USEA entry form including the signature page, coggins and copies of membership cards within 5 days of entry. If not postmarked within 5 days, entry will be assigned postmark on date entry is complete.
2. SEND "paper" ENTRY with CHECK to:
Lisa Woods, Secretary
19309 Yellow Schoolhouse Rd.
Round Hill, VA 20141
Phone: (703) 623-5463
During Event: (703) 297-7654
Email: [email protected]
Draw checks to LHPC Horse Trials. Separate check for each horse.
No entry is complete until payment is received.
Org: Loudoun Hunt Pony Club Organizing Committee, Margaret Good, Chm, 18683 Canby Rd., Leesburg, VA 20175, (703) 777-8776, Fax (703) 777-8455; [email protected]
- Entry fees include a $25 non-refundable office fee.
- $50 returned check fee.
- I/P competitors must include copies of USEF membership cards for rider, owner and trainer or pay non-member fee.
- All Beginner Novice Riders and horses must be members of the USEA in order to compete at the BN level starting December 1, 2016.
- All horses competing at BN level must be registered with at least a limited registration.
- ALL Foreign competitors including Canada and Mexico must have a valid USEA membership and horse registration to compete.
- Double entries: Not accepted.
- Copy of current negative Coggins required for all horses within 12 months must accompany entry.
- No ride times will be issued for incomplete entries. Check status of entry on-line at www.loudounhunt.ponyclub.org.
- Emergency information box must be filled out or entry is not complete.
- If using Xentry you must submit a hard copy of your entire USEA entry form including signature page, coggins and copies of membership cards within 5 days of entry. If not postmarked within 5 days, entry will be assigned postmark on date entry is complete.
- Include current printed legible e-mail address on the entry.
- All correspondence from the secretary will be via e-mail.
- REFUNDS: Before C.D.- Entry less $25 non-refundable office fee; After C.D.-Entry less $25 ONLY if place can be filled from waiting list. NO REFUNDS AFTER 9 pm, Aug. 24. USEA Starter and D&M Fees Refund Policy: The USEA Starter and D&M Fees ($21) are not subjected to offices fees and shall be returned within 30 days of the competition to any rider who does not start the dressage test.
- ALL SCRATCHES MUST BE E-MAILED DIRECTLY TO [email protected]. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SCRATCHES LEFT ON VOICE MAIL. E-MAIL PREFERRED FOR ALL CORRESPONDENCE.
- $25.00 for any change of entry before C.D.
- $50.00 for any change of entry after C.D.
- $50.00 late fee for all entries postmarked after C.D.
- Competition cancellation-No refund.
- We will use the clear vinyl pinnies and management will provide the paper numbers but competitors must purchase their own vinyl pinney ahead of the event.
Trophy & 8 ribbons per division.
There is no stabling available on grounds. Stabling may be arranged directly with Morven Park Equestrian Center. Morven Park is approximately 15 minutes from the horse trials site. Contact Laura Doyle, 703.777.2890 x6614, [email protected] Bedding/Feed/Hay available for purchase from Southern States, Purcellville, VA, (540) 338-7136. VETERINARIAN: Hoof and Paw Veterinary Service, Inc., (540) 338-5888. Number
will be posted at secretary´s stand.
Hampton Inn-2 mi., (703) 669-8640. Best Western-2 mi., (800) 528-1234. Comfort Suites-2 mi., (800) 228-5100. Days Inn-2 mi., (703) 777-6622. Holiday Inn, 3 mi., (703) 771-9200.
Test & arena sizes: I-2014 USEF Intermediate Test A-Std. P-2014 USEF Preliminary Test A-Sm. T-2014 USEF Training Test B-Sm. N-2014 USEF Novice Test B-Sm. BN-2014 USEF Beginner Novice Test B-Sm. Arenas and warm-up: Grass footing.
I-3150 m @ 550 mpm. P-3000 m @ 520 mpm. T-2500 m @ 450 mpm. N-2100 m @ 400 mpm. BN-1800 m @ 350 mpm. All courses are open rolling terrain and great for galloping. All courses will contain banks, ditches, and water appropriate to levels. Water complex for all levels and two natural stream crossings. Cross-country course never open for schooling except for scheduled schooling days.
Cross-country course never open for schooling except for scheduled schooling days: Schooling day scheduled for August 29th is CANCELLED. Check https://loudounhunt.ponyclub.org/pages/34.aspx to see if we are able to reschedule for Wednesday, August 30th. Single riders must have person on the ground.
USEF RULE CONCERNING DOGS ON COMPETITION GROUNDS - GR 1301, Paragraph 6.6 - Dogs are not permitted to be loose on competition grounds and must be held on a leash or otherwise restrained. Individuals must not lead dogs on a leash while mounted. Dog owners are solely responsible for any damages, claims, losses or actions resulting from their dogs' behaviors. Dog owners failing to comply with this rule will be issued a Yellow warning card and may be subject to penalty under Chapters 6 and 7. Effective 12/1/14.
Levels will be further divided if entries warrant; state preferences under the Eligible Section and birth date on entry. Food on grounds.
COMPETITORS PLEASE NOTE: The Fall Horse Trials are being held at OATLANDS . . . N O T MORVEN PARK!
LIVE SCORES AVAILABLE AT EventingScores.com