Great Vista Horse Trials (Jun 2017) Omnibus Listing
Event Date: Jun 18, 2017
Open Date: May 02 Close Date: May 30
Address: 556 Paris Rd, Fort Plain, NY 13339.
Route 90 (NY Thruway) to Exit 29 Canajoharie; at end of exit turn right on 5S. Stay on 5S in Fort Plain, follow truck route (take right at light, straight thru second light, at end turn right). Go up Sand Hill, near top of hill, turn left on Paris Rd. 1 mile to Farm on left. Look for large brown barn for secretary and information.
USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized Divisions:TN,N,BN
USEA Recognized Test:Intro
Sat: Cross-country course opens-3 pm.
Sun: Dressage-8 am; Show Jumping-12 pm; Cross-country-Immediately after Show Jumping.
Available from sec´y as of Wed, June 14, on the Area 1 website, www.area1usea.org or by phone between 6 - 9 pm (please, no phone calls prior to 7 am and during working hours (7am-5pm); emails are best/fastest form of communication). Postcards will not be sent. However emails are sent - Please make sure your email address is legible on your entry.
Judges: Pres: Margaret Hutchison (NY)
CD: X-C/SJ: Ronan Moloney & Sarah Dalton-Morris
Please note on entry if you are a current student of any of the officials.
Send Entries to:
EventEntries.com - check, MC/Visa accepted at Event Entries. By mail, check only.
Draw checks to Great Vista Farm.
Org: Sarah Dalton-Morris, 556 Paris Rd, Fort Plain, NY 13339.
- Offering Intro Eventing Test for riders and/or horses new to eventing; no professionals, please.
- Refunds: Before C.D..-Entry and Stabling fee refunded in full; After C.D. Less $25 only if place can be filled from a wait list; otherwise no refund for any reason. Competition cancellation-No refund.
- Any changes made to entry after C.D. will be assessed a $25 processing fee per change.
- Cancellations by phone not accepted - please send email or fax to ensure withdraw date confirmation.
- USEA Starter and D&M Fees Refund Policy: The USEA Starter and D&M fees ($21), are not subjected to office fees, and shall be returned
within 30 days of the competition to any rider who does not start the dressage test.
- Neg. Coggins within 12 months required for all horses; must accompany entry (dated no later than 6/19/15).
All divisions: Trophy & 8 ribbons per division.
The Jockey Club’s Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.): Champion receives ribbon, prize money & a prize; Reserve Champion will receive a ribbon. All registered thoroughbreds are eligible for this award. Please include TIP number on entry or visit http://tjctip.com/ to obtain a number.
Intro Low Point Thoroughbred Award - Champion: $50 prize money, ribbon and prize; Reserve Champion: ribbon.
Beginner Novice Low Point Thoroughbred Award - Champion: $50 prize money, ribbon and prize; Reserve Champion: ribbon.
Novice Low Point Thoroughbred Award - Champion: $50 prize money, ribbon and prize; Reserve Champion: ribbon.
Training/Novice Low Point Thoroughbred Award - Champion: $50 prize money, ribbon and prize; Reserve Champion: ribbon.
Limited on site stabling: $85 for the duration (3 night maximum), 36 permanent/temporary stalls (first come, first served), initial bedding provided. Off-site: Up to 4 available, about 1/2 mile from event, $30/night, no bedding (first come, first served). $25 stall cleaning deposit required for all stabling - separate check made payable to Great Vista. Check destroyed if stall cleaned/cashed if not. Feed/Bedding/Hay available for purchase; further info from sec´y or organizer. Veterinarian: Lynn Geoffroy, DVM, (518) 469-0968; Farrier: Laura Miller, (203) 417-3888. Both numbers will be posted at sec´y´s stand & stabling. Overnight camping in trailer is permitted.
Heritage Meadows Farm B&B in Ephratah, NY, (518) 568-2997, www.heritagemeadowsfarm.com. Hill Top B&B, 123 Davey Rd, Fort Plain, (518) 542-7655. Hazelnut Inn B&B, (518) 993-3346. Inn at Palatine Bridge-8 mi., (518) 673-2845. A White Rose-5 mi., (518) 993-3339. Gansevoors House B&B-12 mi., (315) 823-3969. Portobello Inn B&B - 15 mi., (315) 823-9376. Best Western at Little Falls.-12 mi., (315) 823-4954. Camping: overnight camping in trailers is permitted other local B&Bs, please visit: cnybb.com.
Test & arena sizes: TN-2014 USEF Training Test A-Sm. N-2014 USEF Novice Test B-Sm. BN-2014 USEF Beginner Novice Test B-Sm.
Intro Eventing Test - 2014 USEF Beginner Novice Test A-Sm. Arenas: All weather surface.
TN/N - 2000 m @ 400 mpm. BN - 1900 m @ 350 mpm. Intro Eventing Test - 325 mpm and 2'3". Terrain: Open fields, rolling hills. All courses: Average, for horses with some experience at these levels. Includes natural obstacles, banks, mounds, water at all levels (optional at Intro), ditches.
Cross-country course closed 4 weeks before the event.
- Competitors Party: Great food, Saturday, beginning around 5:00pm at Brown Barn. Competitors free, all others $10/person; please include with entry. Food available Sunday 6am to close of competition.
- Cross-country course closed 4 weeks before the event.
- Levels may be divided/combined as entries warrant; state preferences under the Eligible Section and birth date on entry.
- Food available on grounds.
- Dogs must be leashed: loose dogs will be impounded; $50 loose dog fine.
- Using Rider-Keeper pinney holders. Contact Bit-O-Britain to purchase.
- Special requests noted but not guaranteed.
- Overnight camping in trailers is permitted.