Ocala Winter I Presented by Brian Cox Farm Team (Jan 2017) Omnibus Listing
Event Date: Jan 07-08, 2017
Open Date: Nov 22 Close Date: Dec 20
Address: 11008 S Hwy 475, Ocala, FL 34480.
I-75 to one exit south of Ocala; exit 341, Belleview, Route 484. Go east on 484 for 2.5 miles to C.R. 475. Turn left onto 475 north. Go 2.5 miles, Horse Park entrance will be on your left.
USEF/USEA Recognized Division:I,IH,P,PH,PR
USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized Divisions:T,TR,N,NR,BN,BNR
Fri: 3:00 pm Cross Country courses open.
Sat: 8:00 am: Dressage I/P/T/N/BN; Show Jumping 10:30 am I/P/T.
Sun: 8:30 am: Cross Country T/I/P/N/BN; Show Jumping 10:00 am N/BN.
Start Times: Wed. 6th on www.equiventures.com
Available January 4th at www.equiventures.com
Judges: Pres: Peter Gray, FL
Dressage Judges: Lori Hoos, TN; Fran Cross, FL; Cheryl Holekamp, MO
SJ Judge: Sat: Carol Ogden, FL
CD: XC: Hugh Lochore, GBR SJ Marc Donovan, NC
Send Entries to:
For information a week prior to the competition, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Laurel, MS 39441
phone: 601 498 3330
Email: [email protected]
Register Online at: www.evententries.com. All major credit cards accepted.
Draw checks to EQUIVENTURES LLC.
Organizer: Equiventures LLC - Richard Trayford, email: [email protected] Tel: (352) 425 7709 and
J.J. Johnson, Email: [email protected], Mobile (615) 351-1062 daytime. Contact for inquiries other than entering/scheduling.
- Your entry is not considered complete without payment.
- Electronic entries will be accepted at www.evententries.com.
- Payments can be made online with credit card, or mailed with check or money order to Secretary.
- Draw checks to EQUIVENTURES LLC.
- Late payments by credit card, money order or cash.
- BN competitors who are not USEA members, SEE NOTE BELOW.
- $50 returned/insufficient funds check.
- $50 late fee for entries accepted after Closing Date as noted in Fees section.
- Double entries: Not accepted.
- Refunds: Before C.D.-In full less $25 non-refundable office fee. After C.D.-No refund. Competition cancellation-No refund.
- Neg. Coggins required within 12 months.
- Out-of-state horses MUST have a health certificate for entry into the state of Florida.
- USEA Starter and D&M Fees Refund Policy: The USEA Starter and D&M fees ($21), are not subjected to office fees, and shall be returned within 30 days of the competition to any rider who does not start the dressage test.
Late fee-entering after closing date, $25. Returned check charge: $50. Neg. Coggins required within 12 months. Out-of-state horses MUST have a health certificate for entry into the state of Florida.
PAPER NUMBER PINNIES WILL BE IN EFFECT FOR XC; PINNEY HOLDERS WILL BE FOR SALE ON SITE FOR $15.
- YOU MUST submit a 2017 membership card for USEF membership for the rider/owner/trainer of horses competing at the prelim level and above. NO cell phone 'cards' can be used. If a membership card has not been received, you will be required to pay the $30 non-member fee. NEW USEA Membership Policy effective December 1, 2013, all Canadians and Mexican competitors must comply with USEA Membership and Horse Registration Policy. With the exception of BN, competitors must have a full membership with USEA and the horse properly registered for the level of competition.
BEGINNER NOVICE COMPETITORS:
New USEA membership/registration requirements effective December 1, 2016 for Beginner Novice. This level will no longer have the option to pay a $25 non-member fee: riders must be a current Junior, Full, Life or Collegiate member and horses registered with either a Limited status or Full.
Ribbons to 8th place per division. The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.) is offering ribbons and prize money ($75) to the top placing Thoroughbred at each level. The reserve highest placed Thoroughbred will receive a ribbon. Eligible horses must provide T.I.P. Numbers to event organizer with entry. For more information, visit www.tjctip.com. All prize money will be provided to the host horse show for distribution. Eligibility - Only Thoroughbreds that have been registered with The Jockey Club or a foreign Thoroughbred stud book recognized by The Jockey Club are eligible to participate in T.I.P. classes and awards. Riders and owners should obtain a T.I.P. number for all horse/rider combinations. T.I.P. number applications are done online at www.tjctip.com. Hard copy forms will also be provided to shows. T.I.P. numbers must be provided to the Secretary prior to arrival. None will be accepted after competition begins.
New Stalls 12x12 with doors, initial bedding only provided. Shavings may be available for purchase on grounds. Stalls do not need to be stripped.
Veterinarian: PEAK PERFORMANCE/Dr. Lisa Casinella; Mobile #: 434-960-9482. Competitor mobile # must be posted on each stall card.
Official Hotels with competitor rates:
Sleep Inn and Suites, 13600 SW 17th Ct, Ocala, FL 34473 Phone: (352)347-8383. If calling, the rate code is LHPARK. 5.6 miles to FL Horse Park.
Hilton Ocala, 3600 SW 36th Ave. Ocala, FL 34474 www.hiltonocala.com. Rate code N3073692.
Camping on grounds, electric & water, $30/night. Primitive $10/night. BOTH MUST make reservations with Secretary.
Test & arena sizes: I-2014 USEF Intermediate Test B-Std. P-2014 USEF Preliminary Test B-Std. T-2014 USEF Training Test B-Sm. N-2014 USEF Novice Test B-Sm. BN-2014 USEF Beginner Novice Test B-Sm. All arenas and warm-up on grass.
I-2700 m @ 550 mpm. P-2400 m @ 520 mpm. T-2100 m @ 420 mpm. N-1900 m @ 400 mpm. BN-1700 m @ 350 mpm. Cross country courses built to standard. Cross country courses closes January 1st.
Cross country courses close January 1st.
Divisions further divided if entries warrant; state birth date on entry.
Food on grounds.
Dogs MUST be leashed.
Golf cart rentals available: [email protected] or (352) 307-0111. Must be made by Friday week prior to event weekend.
NO golf carts or motorized bikes allowed on course.