Loudoun Hunt Pony Club Fall H.T. (Aug 2014) Omnibus Listing
Event Date: Aug 30-31, 2014
Open Date: Jul 15 Close Date: Aug 12
To Event Site: Oatlands is 6 mi. south of Leesburg off Rte 15.
From North: Rte 15 south from Leesburg approx. 6 mi. Left on Rte 651 – Gap Road for .3 mi. to parking on left.
From South: North on Rte 15 from Rte 50 & Rte 15 intersection approx. 5 mi. Right on Rte 651 – Gap Road for .3 mi. to parking on left.
USEF/USEA Recognized Division:I,P
USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized Divisions:T,N,BN
Fri: Cross-country course open-3 pm.
Sat: Dressage (I/T/BN)-8 am; Show Jumping (I/T/BN)-9:30 am; Cross-country (I/T/BN) - 9:45 am. Intermediate, Training and Beginner Novice will be run entirely on Saturday.
Sun: Dressage (P/N) - 8 am; Show Jumping (P/N) - 9:30 am; Cross-country (P/N)- 9:45 am. Preliminary and Novice will be run entirely on Sunday.
Any changes to this schedule will be posted to USEA and Loudoun Hunt Pony Club website.
Available Aug. 27 on the internet: www.loudounhunt.ponyclub.org.
Judges: Pres: Pam Wiedeman, PA; Dressage Judges: Sara Leary-Miller, VA; Susan Carr, MD SJ Judge: Kathy White, VA.
CD:X-C/SJ: (I/P) Tremaine Cooper, VA; (T/N/BN) Jeff Kibbie, MI
Send Entries to:
Victoria Fox, 14140 Griffin Farm Lane, Leesburg, VA 20176
(703) 999-6810 (703) 999-6810 during event
Draw checks to LHPC Horse Trials
Org: Loudoun Hunt Pony Club Organizing Committee, Margaret Good, Chm, 18683 Canby Rd., Leesburg, VA 20175, (703) 777-8776, Fax (703) 777-8455; [email protected]
- Entry fees include a $25 non-refundable office fee.
- I/P competitors must include copy of USEF card for rider, owner and trainer or pay non-member fee.
- All Beginner Novice Riders must have a USEA ID number. ID numbers do not require membership.
- All horses competing at the Beginner Novice level must be registered with at least a restricted status. There is no cost to register a horse with restricted status, but the owner or rider must have a USEA ID number to register the horse.
- ALL Foreign competitors including Canada and Mexico must have a valid USEA membership and horse registration to compete.
- Double entries: Not accepted.
- Copy of current negative Coggins required for all horses within 12 months must accompany entry.
- Incomplete entries may be waitlisted until complete. Check status of entry on-line at www.loudounhunt.ponyclub.org.
- Emergency information box must be filled out or entry is not complete.
- If using Xentry you must submit signature page, coggins, copies of membership cards within 5 days of entry. If not postmarked within 5 days, entry will be assigned postmark on date entry is complete.
- Include current printed legible e-mail address on the entry.
- All correspondence from the secretary will be via e-mail.
- REFUNDS: Before C.D.- Entry less $25 non-refundable office fee; After C.D.-Entry less $25 ONLY if place can be filled from waiting list. NO REFUNDS AFTER 9 pm, Aug. 28. USEA Starter and D&M Fees Refund Policy: The USEA Starter and D&M Fees ($21) are not subjected to offices fees and shall be returned within 30 days of the competition to any rider who does not start the dressage test.
- ALL SCRATCHES M U S T BE E-MAILED DIRECTLY TO [email protected] WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SCRATCHES LEFT ON VOICE MAIL. E-MAIL PREFERRED FOR ALL CORRESPONDENCE.
- $25.00 for any change of entry before C.D.
- $50.00 for any change of entry after C.D.
- $50.00 late fee for all entries postmarked after C.D.
- Competition cancellation-No refund.
- We will use the clear vinyl pinnies and management will provide the paper numbers but competitors must purchase their own vinyl pinney ahead of the event.
Trophy & 8 ribbons per division.
There is no stabling available on grounds. Check www.loudounhunt.ponyclub.org for stabling options. Bedding/Feed/Hay available for purchase from Southern States, Purcellville, VA, (540) 338-7136. VETERINARIAN: Hoof and Paw Veterinary Service, Inc., (540) 338-5888. Number will be posted at secretary´s stand.
Hampton Inn-2 mi., (703) 669-8640. Best Western-2 mi., (800) 528-1234. Comfort Suites-2 mi., (800) 228-5100. Days Inn-2 mi., (703) 777-6622. Holiday Inn, 3 mi., (703) 771-9200.
Test & arena sizes: I-2014 USEF Intermediate Test A-Std. P-2014 USEF Preliminary Test B-Std. T-2014 USEF Training Test B-Sm. N-2014 USEF Novice Test B-Sm. BN-2014 USEF Beginner Novice Test B-Sm. Arenas and warm-up: Grass footing.
I-3150 m @ 550 mpm. P-3000 m @ 520 mpm. T-2500 m @ 450 mpm. N-2100 m @ 400 mpm. BN-1800 m @ 350 mpm. All courses: Average, for horses with some experience at this level. Water crossings are in a natural stream bed so in extremely dry weather there may be little or no water. Federal/State/County environmental controls will not allow us to alter the stream bed in any way. All courses will contain banks, ditches, and water appropriate to levels. All courses are open rolling terrain and great for galloping.
Cross-country course never open for schooling except for scheduled schooling days: Schooling days Sep 1 & 2 Open 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. Single riders must have person on the ground.
Levels may be further divided if entries warrant; state preferences under the Eligible Section and birth date on entry. Food on grounds. Dogs must be leashed. USEF Rule GR 301.6 Reception at close of cross-country. COMPETITORS PLEASE NOTE: The Fall Horse Trials are being held at OATLANDS . . . N O T MORVEN PARK!