Great Vista Horse Trials (Jun 2014) Omnibus Listing
Event Date: Jun 22, 2014
Open Date: May 06 Close Date: Jun 03
Address: 556 Paris Rd, Fort Plain, NY 13339.
Route 90 (NY Thruway) to Exit 29 Canajoharie; at end of exit turn right on 5S. Stay on 5S in Fort Plain, follow truck route (take right at light, straight thru second light, at end turn right). Go up Sand Hill, near top of hill, turn left on Paris Rd. 1 mile to Farm on left. Look for large brown barn for secretary and information.
USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized Divisions:TN,N,BN
USEA Recognized Test:Intro
Sat: Cross-country course opens-3 pm.
Sun: Dressage-8 am; Show Jumping-10 am; Cross-country-Immediately after Show Jumping.
Available from sec´y as of Wed, June 18, on the Area 1 website, www.area1usea.org or by phone between 6 - 9pm (please, no phone calls during working hours; emails are best form of communication). Postcards will not be sent. However emails are sent - Please make sure your email address is legible on your entry.
Judges: Pres: Jane Cory (PA); Dressage Judge: Virginia Leary (CT)
CD: X-C/SJ: Sarah Dalton-Morris
Please note on entry if you are a current student of any of the officials.
Send Entries to:
EventEntries.com - check, MC/Visa accepted at Event Entries. By mail, check only.
Draw checks to Great Vista Farm
Org: Sarah Dalton-Morris, 556 Paris Rd, Fort Plain, NY 13339.
- Offering Intro Eventing Test for riders and/or horses new to eventing; no professionals, please.
- Refunds: Before C.D..-Entry and Stabling fee refunded in full; After C.D. Less $25 only if place can be filled from a wait list. Competition cancellation-No refund.
- Any changes made to entry after C.D. will be assessed a $25 processing fee per change.
- Cancellations by phone not accepted - please send email to ensure withdraw date confirmation.
- USEA Starter and D&M Fees Refund Policy: The USEA Starter and D&M fees ($21), are not subjected to office fees, and shall be returned
within 30 days of the competition to any rider who does not start the dressage test.
- Neg. Coggins within 12 months required for all horses; must accompany entry (dated no later than 6/21/13).
All divisions: Trophy & 8 ribbons per division
The Jockey Club’s Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.): Champion receives ribbon, prize money & a prize; new for 2014 - Reserve Champion will receive a ribbon. All registered thoroughbreds are eligible for this award. Please include TIP number on entry or visit http://tjctip.com/ to obtain a number.
Intro Low Point Thoroughbred Award - $50 prize money and prize;
Beginner Novice Low Point Thoroughbred Award - $50 prize money and prize;
Novice Low Point Thoroughbred Award - $50 prize money and prize;
Training/Novice Low Point Thoroughbred Award - $100 prize and money
Limited on site stabling: $75 for the duration (3 night maximum), 36 permanent/temporary stalls (first come, first served), initial bedding provided. Off-site: Up to 4 available, about 1/2 mile from event, $30/night, no bedding (first come, first served). $25 stall cleaning deposit required for all stabling - separate check made payable to Great Vista. Check destroyed if stall cleaned/cashed if not. Feed/Bedding/Hay available for purchase; further info from sec´y or organizer. Veterinarian: Lynn Geoffroy, DVM, 518.469.0968; Farrier: Laura Miller, 203.417.3888. Both numbers will be posted at sec´y´s stand & stabling. Overnight camping in trailer is permitted.
- Heritage Meadows Farm B&B in Ephratah, NY, (518) 568-2997, www.heritagemeadowsfarm.com
- Hill Top B&B, 123 Davey Rd, Fort Plain, (518) 542-7655
- Hazelnut Inn B&B, (518) 993-3346
- Inn at Palatine Bridge-8 mi., (518) 673-2845
- A White Rose-5 mi., (518) 993-3339. Gansevoors House B&B-12 mi., (315) 823-3969
- Portobello Inn B&B - 15 mi., (315) 823-9376. Best Western at Little Falls.-12 mi., (315) 823-4954
- Camping: overnight camping in trailers is permitted other local B&Bs, please visit: cnybb.com
Test & arena sizes: TN-2014 USEF Training Test A-Sm. N-2014 USEF Novice Test B-Sm. BN-2014 USEF Beginner Novice Test B-Sm.
Intro Eventing Test - 2014 USEF Beginner Novice Test A-Sm. Arenas: All weather surface.
N - 2000 m @ 400 mpm. BN - 1900 m @ 350 mpm. Intro Eventing Test - 300 mpm and 2'3". Terrain: Open fields, rolling hills. All courses: Average, for horses with some experience at these levels. Includes natural obstacles, banks, mounds, water at all levels (optional at Intro), ditches.
- Competitors Party: Great food, Saturday, beginning around 6pm at Brown Barn. Competitors free, all others $10/person; please include with entry. Food available Sunday 6am to close of competition.
- Cross-country course closed May 10.
- Riders limited to 2 horses/level, or 4 horses/entire event.
- Levels may be divided/combined as entries warrant; state preferences under the Eligible Section and birth date on entry.
- Food available on grounds.
- Dogs must be leashed: loose dogs will be impounded; $50 loose dog fine.
- Using Rider-Keeper pinney holders. Limited quantity available on site or contact Bit-O-Britain to purchase.
- Special requests noted but not guaranteed.
- Overnight camping in trailers is permitted.