ENYDCTA/Old Chatham H.T. (Jul 2013) Omnibus Listing
Career 2 NY Second Career Thoroughbred Circuit - Enter your registered Thoroughbred and compete to Win $300 Prize Money at all levels and ribbons Compete in any of the 8 NY Second Career Circuit events honoring, the retraining of Second Career Thoroughbreds bred anywhere in the world, in the sport of Eventing, The Grand Finale will be held at Millbrook Horse Trials August 1-4.
Old Chahtam is proud to be participating in the The Jockey Club’s Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.). To participate, at no extra cost, please include with your entry the official T.I.P. entry form available for download at http://www.tjctip.com/resources/entryinformationform.pdf. Entries accepted up until the start of the competition.Eligibility & Awards –
- Beginner Novice High Point Thoroughbred Award -$25 prize money and prize
- Novice High Point Thoroughbred Award -$25 prize money and prize
- Training High Point Thoroughbred Award -$50 prize money and prize
For each Low Point Award, a low point ribbon, along with prizes and prize money as set forth above, will be provided.
Only Thoroughbreds that have been registered with The Jockey Club or a foreign Thoroughbred stud book recognized by The Jockey Club are eligible to participate in T.I.P. classes and awards.
NEW for 2013 – Riders and owners should obtain a T.I.P. number for all horse/rider combinations. T.I.P. number applications are done online at www.tjctip.com. T.I.P. numbers must be provided to the horse show. Hard copy forms will also be provided to shows.
Competition will be using the Rider-Keeper Pinney holders (see Misc section for more information).
This event will be using Event Entries Live Scoring feature.
Event Date: Jul 07, 2013
Open Date: May 21 Close Date: Jun 18
Address: 236 Shaker Museum Rd., Old Chatham, NY 12136
From South: Rt. 22 N to Rt 203 in Austerlitz. Left on 203. 8 mi. to light in Chatham. Right onto Rt 66 N 4.5 mi. to right onto Lovers Ln. Right at stop onto Rt 13. 2.3 mi., to left onto Shaker Museum Rd. 1 mi to event. OR Rt. 9 N to Rt 9H N. Right onto Rt 66 N to Chatham. Follow above directions from light in Chatham. OR: NY Thruway to exit 19. Follow signs to cross Rhinecliff Bridge. At second light after crossing bridge, turn left left onto 9G, follow to light at Rt. 199. Turn right. Follow into Red Hook. At light turn left onto Rt 9 N, same as above.
From North: Rt 22 S to Rt 20 W to left onto Rt 66 S. 3 mi., to stop, left across into Shaker Museum Rd, 1.5 mi., to event.
From East: Mass Pike to NY Thruway Exit B3, right off exit onto Rt 22 N. Follow 3.1 mi., to light, left onto Rt 295, then 6.6 mi., to E. Chatham. Turn right onto Albany Tpk. Follow 3 mi., to Old Chatham, Bear hard left thru square in Old Chatham onto Cty Rt 13. 1 mi to right onto Shaker Museum Rd., 1 mi to event.
From West: I-90 E to exit 12. Right off exit to Rt 9 S., 1 mi., to left onto Cty Rt 32. Follow approx. 3 mi. to stop. Continue straight onto 203/32, then right continuing on 32. Follow to stop. Left onto Rt 66 N .7 mi. then bear right onto Shaker Museum Rd 1.5 mi to event.
USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized Divisions:PT,T,N,BN
Sat: Cross-country course open-3 pm.
Sun: Dressage-8 am; Show Jumping-10 am; Cross-Country-Noon.
Divisions split at the discretion of event secretary.
Available from sec´y as of Wed. July 3 by phone only between hours of 6-9pm, or on ENYDCTA website at www.ENYDCTA.org, or on Area I website at www.area1usea.org. Postcards will not be sent. However, emails are sent…please make sure your email address is legible on your entry.
Judges: Pres: Eileen Pritchard-Bryan, (r, MD); Dressage Judges: Virginia Leary, (Assoc., CT); Leonie Fernandez (r, NY)
SJ Judge: Cynthia Mancini (r, NY)
CD-XC: Morgan Rowsell, (NJ) SJ: Margie Hutchison
Send Entries to:
PO Box 374
Guilderland, NY 12084-0374
(518) 428-4386 Fax-866.543.1841
Draw checks to ENYDCTA, Ltd
ENTER ON-LINE AT: www.EventEntries.com. Visa/MC & checks accepted.
Co-Org: Erin L. Keehan, PO Box 374, Guilderland, New York 12084, (518) 428-4386, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Org: Regina Cristo, PO Box 243, Sand Lake, New York 12153, (518) 312-8710, email@example.com
Please, no calls to either party after 9:00 pm.
- BNH: Horse may not have completed an event above the next highest level. e.g., Horse may have completed a Novice level, but not Training -See Appendix 3 of the 2013 USEF Rules for Eventing.
- RestBN = Restricted BN. RestBN is for riders who are just starting their eventing careers and can not have competed at more than 2 recognized competitions at BN or lower.
- Refunds: Before C.D.-In full. After C.D.- Less $25 fee ONLY if place can be filled from wait list. Competition cancellation-No refund.
- Neg. Coggins required within 12 months for all horses (dated 7/7/12 or later).
Trophy & 8 ribbons per division. The Jockey Club’s Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.) Eligibility & Awards – Beginner Novice High Point Thoroughbred Award -$25 prize money and prize. Novice High Point Thoroughbred Award -$25 prize money and prize. Training High Point Thoroughbred Award -$50 prize money and prize. Career2 NY Second Career Thoroughbred Circuit; All levels win, 1st place $200 plus saddle pad, 2ndplace $100 and ribbons for placements 1-6.
LIMITED OFF SITE STABLING - $75 for night of 7/6 only. Please include separate $25 stall cleaning deposit made out to ENYDCTA. Available noon Sat, must be vacated Sun pm. Stalls must be stripped upon departure or stall deposit will be cashed (stripped stalls will have checks destroyed). No bedding provided. NO Feed/Hay/Bedding available for purchase. Veterinarian: # will be posted with sec´y & stabling as well as listed in the official show program.
*Please make reservations early! Comfort Inn & Suites-Schodack, 16 mi., (518) 479-3217; Blue Spruce Inn & Suites-Valatie, 5.5 mi., (518) 758-9711 - (2-night minimum); Chatham Travel Lodge-Chatham, 7 mi., (518) 392-4066; Fairfield Inn-East Greenbush, 18 mi., (518) 477-7984; Holiday Inn Express-East Greenbush, 18 mi., (518) 286-1011;Berkshire Spur motel-Canaan, 20 mi., (518) 781-4432.
Camping: Not available.
Test & arena sizes: RestBN : 2010 USEF Beginner Novice Test A - Sm. BN : 2010 USEF Beginner Novice Test B - Sm. N : 2010 USEF Novice Test A - Sm. T : 2010 USEF Training Test A - Sm. P/T : 2010 USEF Preliminary Test A - Sm. Arenas: Grass, plank arenas
All T-2200 m @ 450 mpm. All N-1800 m @ 375 mpm. BN-1600 m @ 350 mpm. All courses: Slightly above average for horses with some experience at the levels. Water jump at all levels. Has all types of questions and challenges to keep both rider and horse engaged. Course runs across hay and groomed fields, some portions through tree areas; mid-summer ground may be hard if no rain; holds up well if a lot of rain. All efforts are made to ensure good footing as well as maintaining the integrity of the property for the Old Chatham Sheep Herding Co., property owner. New course designer for 2013 - Morgan Rowsell.
- Any entry accepted after CD will be assessed a $25/entry late fee.
- Cross-country course never open except for the Tues after the event for the XC clinic - see program & www.ENYDCTA.org for details.
- Riders limited 2 horse/level or 4 horses total. Divisions further divided if entries warrant; state birth date on entry.
- Times are finalized Tues evening - emailed to competitors & posted on www.enydcta.org. Posting on Area 1 is at the discretion of the webmaster, usually by Wed.
- Competition will be using the Rider-Keeper pinney holder. Limited quantity available for purchase ($20/holder) or purchase through Bit-O-Britain.
- Food on grounds for purchase.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Restricted-BN division (RestBN): For first-time recognized competition riders. Any age. Prep clinic Sat 5PM un-mounted).
- BNH: for horses who have not competed above beginner novice.
- Wait List Policy: Before CD – filled by canceled postmark, regardless of division. After CD – filled as openings become available within scheduled divisions.
- Changes: After CD – subject to $25 fee per change.
- Non-negotiable checks - $30 charge.
- Email notices are sent periodically from the secretary. Please make sure your email address is legible on your entry.
- Special requests are noted but not guaranteed.