It has been over a decade since the United States Eventing Association (USEA) last raised the cost of a competing membership but that hasn’t stopped the Association from adding more benefits than most realize during that time. Leading up to the August meeting of the USEA Board of Governors meeting the Board reviewed all the various services offered by the USEA to the membership.
“The USEA has worked hard to contain member costs while at the same time raised the number of services provided by the Association substantially over the previous decade” said USEA President Carol Kozlowski. “A cost to service analysis was conducted and comparable memberships with other equestrian Associations were also reviewed. As a member of the USEA for 40 years I can honestly say we get a tremendous amount for each one of our membership dollars.”
In the last 10 years the USEA has added the following benefits for members:
- Development of the USEA Online Services which includes 24/7 access to join, change horse ownership, upgrade, manage horse and rider profiles, and automatically renew your membership.
- The ability to enter USEA events online 24/7 through Xentry. Recent addition of e-sign so entry can be 100% paperless.
- Creating a new website, www.discovereventing.com to introduce new riders to the sport.
- New programs developed: Future Event Horse, New Event Horse, and the Intercollegiate program which includes team challenges and the annual championships.
- New levels introduced: Modified and Coaching Allowed Test (CAT).
- Addition of Beginner Novice and Novice horse and rider maintenance.
- EquiRatings ERQI ratings attached to each horse record.
- Member and Horse Performance recognition programs including Medals, Blue Ribbon Awards, and Certificates of Horse & Rider Achievement.
- The complete USCTA News and Eventing USA magazine archives available online.
- Enhanced media presence including weekly e-newsletters, extensive social media postings, endless photo galleries, articles, and press releases. Over 8,000 articles posted on www.useventing.com in the last decade.
- USEA Member Rewards Program offering discounts to members from a range of companies.
- USEA Event Companion App which puts the USEA competition information at your fingertips.
- Access to numerous grants for education and development of the USEA members and their horses.
In the coming year the Association will add even more benefits to our members. The following are currently in development:
- More companies being added to the USEA Member Rewards Program.
- An Interscholastic Eventing Program for High School students.
- Updates to the horse database with more details for horse breeders.
- An Event Management System that will provided a top-notch experience for all competitors and organizers.
When the USEA membership renewal for 2019 opens in October the cost of a Full Competing Membership will be $95, Junior and Collegiate Memberships will be $70, and a Supporting Membership will be $50. The cost of a Life Membership remains at $1500.
The USEA is continually working to best represent its 13,000+ members, and we want to hear from you! Contact your Area representative on the USEA Board of Governors in order to share what we can do for you.