It is a big weekend for the Adequan USEA Gold Cup Series with two qualifying events happening. The USEA will be both The Fork and Chattahoochee Hills, so make sure to follow along for daily reports and live social media updates.
For the first time in 15 years, The Fork CIC and Horse Trials will not be held at Jim and Bernadette Cogdell’s farm in Norwood, N.C. The event has a new home at the Tryon International Equestrian Center in Mill Spring, N.C. The Fork has something for everyone – offering every level from Beginner Novice through CIC3* including the first ever Modified division. Both the two Advanced divisions and the CIC3* are Adequan USEA Gold Cup qualifiers.
Chattahoochee Hills in Fairburn, Ga. has moved its FEI divisions up two weeks this year and also offer a full schedule from Beginner Novice through CIC3*. Both the Advanced division and CIC3* are Adequan USEA Gold Cup qualifiers.
The Fork Important Links:
The Fork CIC3* and Advanced Schedule:
Thursday, April 6
CIC3* dressage: 8:20 a.m. – 12:20 p.m. - George Morris Arena
Advanced-A dressage: 8:00 – 9:20 a.m. - Arena 3
Advanced-B dressage: 4:10 – 5:15 p.m. - George Morris Arena
Saturday, April 8
Advanced show jumping: 8:00 – 8:50 a.m. - George Morris Arena
CIC3* show jumping: 9:22 – 10:17 a.m. - George Morris Arena
Sunday, April 9
CIC3* and Advanced cross-country to be run in reverse order of placing from 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - White Oak XC Course
The Fork Fast Facts:
• 24 entries in the CIC3*
• 11 entries in the Advanced-A
• 8 entries in the Advanced-B
• Phillip Dutton and Caroline Martin each have four entries in the CIC3* with every other competitor only having one ride apiece
• Every horse in the Advanced-A division is also entered at the Rolex Kentucky CCI4* as well as half of the CIC3*
• The Fork CIC3* and Advanced competitors will be the first on the newly constructed cross-country course on a converted 18-hole golf course adjacent to the Equestrian Center. The course is designed by Capt. Mark Phillips and Tremaine Cooper
• The show jumping course, designed by Chris Barnard, will be set in the George Morris Arena which can seat 6,000 spectators
Chattahoochee Hills is debuting a new waterfall jump on cross-country. Photo via the Chatt Hills website.
Chattahoochee Hills Important Links:
Chattahoochee Hills CIC3* and Advanced Schedule:
Friday, April 7
CIC3* dressage: 8:30 - 11:15 a.m.
CIC3* show jumping: 1:00 - 1:45 p.m.
Saturday, April 8
Advanced dressage: 8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Advanced show jumping: 10:15 - 10:50 a.m.
CIC3* cross-country: 12:00 p.m. - 1:05 p.m.
Advanced cross-country: 1:10 - 2:10 p.m.
Chattahoochee Hills Fast Facts:
• 20 entries in the CIC3*
• 16 entries in the Advanced
• Buck Davidson has three entries in the CIC3*, Lauren Kieffer and Nilson Moreira da Silva are riding two each and the remaining 13 riders have one horse each.
• Hannah Sue Burnett is riding a quarter of the Advanced entries with four horses.
• 12 horses are using Chattahoochee Hills to prep for the Rolex Kentucky CCI4* and three for the Badminton CCI4* in England.
• Hugh Lochore wears two hats at Chattahoochee Hills – both the organizer and the cross-country course designer for the upper levels.
• The show jumping course will be designed by Marc Donovan
Follow the USEA event coverage on social media!
About the Adequan USEA Gold Cup Series
The 2017 Adequan USEA Gold Cup Championship features 11 qualifying competitions throughout the United States at the Advanced Horse Trials and CIC3* levels. Qualifying began last fall and continues through August with the final taking place at the USEA American Eventing Championships, August 30 – September 3 at the Tryon International Equestrian Center in Mill Spring, N.C. Riders who complete a qualifier earn the chance to vie for $40,000 in prize money and thousands of dollars in prizes in the Adequan Advanced Division and the title of Adequan USEA Gold Cup Champion.
The 2017 Adequan USEA Gold Cup Series is made possible through the support of its many loyal sponsors: Adequan, Standlee Forage, Nutrena, Merck Animal Health, Broadstone Equine Insurance Agency and FITS.