The Westin Long Beach Hotel is ready and waiting for USEA members to arrive! USEA/Rob Burk Photo.
We’re just a day away from kicking off the 2017 USEA Annual Meeting and Convention in Long Beach, California! Eventers from all over the country will be converging on the Westin Long Beach Hotel for four days of seminars, presentations, and gatherings with other eventing enthusiasts from December 7-10, 2017. The focus of this year’s Convention is on event organizers, without whom we would not have all the well-run events that we have across the United States.
- A total of 44 riders, trainers, owners, and experts in their respective fields will be speaking, presenting, or moderating at this year’s Convention.
- The Convention will feature four distinct “tracks,” each with their own unique content: USEA, Events, Eventers, and Equine. Click on any one of the links for more information about the sessions on the different tracks.
- Between the four tracks there are 47 different sessions over four days that attendees can choose from.
- This year, for the first time, we will be providing a livestream of select content from the 2017 USEA Annual Meeting and Convention in partnership with Ride On Video. Click here for additional information and to access the livestream.
- Don’t forget to download the Convention App to create a personalized schedule, learn more about speakers, and more! Click to download the app for Apple iOS or the app for Google Android, search for USEA in the app, and click on 2017 Convention.
- Want the full scoop on all the details of this years Convention? Read the program online for everything you could ever need to know!
- The Board of Governors and Area VI will welcome everyone to the 2017 USEA Annual Meeting and Convention with a reception at the Aquarium of the Pacific on Thursday, December 7 at 7:00 p.m. Shuttle services from the hotel begin at 6:30 p.m. and service back to the hotel will start at 8:30 p.m.
- This year’s keynote speaker will be Boyd Martin, an eventing fan favorite and accomplished Olympian. Martin will deliver his speech during the USEA Annual Meeting of Members at lunch at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 9.
- The Year End Awards Dinner is the highlight of the Convention each year where we recognize the hard work and achievements of our members. MC’ed by eventing legend Jimmy Wofford, the dinner and awards ceremony will be held on Saturday, December 9, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- This year’s trade fair will open Thursday, December 7 at 8:00 a.m. and run through Sunday, December 10 at 12:00 p.m. The trade fair will spotlight several of the USEA Corporate and Annual Meeting sponsors.
- Stop by to grab a bite to eat before your morning meetings from Thursday through Sunday at the continental breakfast sponsored by Rebecca Farm. Coffee, tea, fresh fruit, pastries, and other delicious treats will be available in the trade fair area.
- There are plenty of things to do in Long Beach that you won’t want to miss out on besides the USEA Convention. Click here to learn more about what Long Beach has to offer.
- Your USEA Convention badge will save you money on shopping, dining, and other attractions all over the city. Click here to see where to show your convention badge.
- Karmel Shuttle is offering discounts to USEA Convention attendees on all transportation for the 2017 USEA Annual Meeting and Convention. Click here to book and receive the discounted rate, or for reservations within 12 hours of pick-up time, please call Karmel Shuttle at (888) 995-7433 and mention promo code "USEA17" at the time of reservation booking to receive your discount.
- Didn’t register for convention ahead of time? Not to worry! You can register in person at the Westin Long Beach Hotel starting today at 12:00 p.m.
Follow the USEA coverage on social media!
#USEAConvention | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Snapchat: @USeventing
About the USEA Annual Meeting and Convention
The USEA Annual Meeting and Convention takes place each December and brings together a large group of dedicated USEA members and supporters to discuss, learn, and enjoy being surrounded by eventing enthusiasts. The USEA organizes multiple seminars in addition to committee meetings, open forums, and tons of fun! The convention is made possible through the support of sponsors: Adequan, Devoucoux, Nutrena, Charles Owen, SmartPak, Rebecca Farm, Mountain Horse, Merck Animal Health, Standlee Hay, Auburn Laboratories, Eventing Training Online, DG Stackhouse & Ellis Saddles, Point Two, Professional’s Choice, Bit of Britain, Staples Inc., World Equestrian Brands, Gallops Saddlery, RevitaVet, CWD, H.E. Tex Sutton Forwarding Company, and Parker Equine Insurance.
Learn more about the 2017 USEA Annual Meeting and Convention by visiting the Convention page on the USEA website.