The 2016 Jersey Fresh CCI3* winners, Ryan Wood and Powell. Shannon Brinkman Photo.
The first CCI3* of 2017 gets underway this afternoon at the Jersey Fresh International Three-Day Event in Allentown, N.J. Big changes are in store this year with a redesigned cross-country course from the new designer, Captain Mark Phillips. Celebrating its 15th anniversary, the Jersey Fresh International Three-Day Event is looking forward to putting on a top quality competition.
Preview 2017 cross-country course in this great video from Jersey Fresh:
- Four divisions are being offered this year: CCI3*, CCI2*, CIC3* and CIC2*.
- The CIC2* is the biggest of the divisions with 31 entries. There are 16 entries in the CCI3* and CCI2*.
- Captain Mark Phillips is taking over for John Williams who designed the cross-country course for the last 14 years.
- Sally Ike will design the show jumping course
- Spectators can shop at the JFI Trade Fair centrally located among the competition for the ideal shopping experience featuring equestrian wear, tack, yoga accessories, jewelry and other craftsman gifts.
- JFI and FlyPups, JFI's 2017 charitable partner, will host a 5K Run on Sunday from 12:30-1:30 p.m. on the cross-country course.
- Admission for spectators is free on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- On Saturday and Sunday admission is $10 per person. Free admission is available for children under 12, 4-H, FFA, Pony Club members (with ID or pin) and military members and their dependents. Over 65 admission is $10 per person.
- Wednesday – 2:00 p.m.: First horse inspection for CCI
- Thursday – 11:00 a.m. – 1:50 p.m.: CCI2* and CCI3* dressage
- Friday – 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.: CIC2* and CIC3* dressage
- Saturday – 8:30 a.m. – Cross-Country
- Sunday – 8:00 a.m. – Second horse inspection for CCI and CIC
10:00 a.m. – CIC2* show jumping
11:30 a.m. – CIC3* show jumping
1:30 p.m. – CCI3* show jumping
3:00 p.m. – CCI2* show jumping
Follow the USEA event coverage on social media!
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram