Cornelia Dorr and Louis M. USEA/Leslie Mintz Photo.
Rebecca Farm, home to The Event at Rebecca Farm in Kalispell, Mont., will next month also play host to the FEI North American Junior and Young Rider Championships (NAJYRC), July 20 to 23, 2017. This FEI championship will bring together the sport’s top junior and young riders, ages 14-21, to compete for both team and individual medals. Riders from seven areas will travel to compete in the hopes of being named the top Young Rider in North America. We are excited to announce the nominated entries for the CICOY2*.
- Cornelia Dorr and her own Louis M and Sir Patico MH. Cornelia and Louis M, a 12-year-old Rheinland Pfalz-Saar gelding (Lissabon x Angelique M), have earned several top placings at the Intermediate and two-atar levels this spring, including fourth place at The Fork CIC2* and first place at the Jersey Fresh International CCI2*. Cornelia and Sir Patico MH, an 11-year-old Zweibrucker gelding (Sempatico M x Queen’s Lite xx), will be returning to the NAJYRC for a second time after a seventh-place finish in The Fork CIC2* and a fifth-place finish in the Bromont CCI2* this spring.
Tayler Stewart and Ideal Contini for Area II. USEA/Leslie Mintz Photo.
- Tayler Stewart and her own Ideal Contini (Contini x Hauptstutbuch Reviera Wonder), a 14-year-old Westphalian gelding. This pair earned several top-ten placings at the Intermediate level this spring in addition to completing the Carolina International CIC2* and placing seventh in the Virginia CIC2*.
Mikensey Johansen and Grey Prince for Area III. USEA/Shelby Allen Photo.
- Maggie Baker and her own Blue Stockings, a 15-year-old Thoroughbred gelding. This spring Maggie and Blue Stockings completed the Red Hills CIC2* and had two top-10 placings in Intermediate divisions.
- Mikensey Johansen and her own Grey Prince (Stormin Fever x Minicolony), a 9-year-old Thoroughbred gelding. This is the second year that this pair has been to the NAJYRC, and they will look to improve on their performance last year with more experience under their belt, including completions at the Red Hills International CIC2*, Carolina International CIC2* and Chattahoochee Hills CIC2*.
- Will Zuschlag and his own RF Southern Command (Ustinov x Trijntje) a 9-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding. This pair is coming into their first NAJYRC after a string of strong performances at the Virginia CIC2*, Jersey Fresh International CIC2* and The Fork CIC2*.
Lily Geelan and Luksor for Area IV. USEA/Leslie Mintz Photo.
- Lily Geelan and her own Luksor (Ef Ez x Lektura) a 14-year-old Polish Warmblood gelding. This is Lily and Luksor’s second trip to the NAJYRC and they are coming into the competition fresh off a win at the Roebke’s Run CIC2*.
- Melanie Rousseau and Jennifer Rousseau’s Sullivan (Kettle Won x Jolie’s Princess) an 11-year-old Thoroughbred gelding. This pair has been competing at the Intermediate level since 2015 and recently finished 10th in the Fair Hill International CIC2*.
Madison Temkin and Kingslee for Area VI. USEA/Shelby Allen Photo.
- Sophie Hulme and her own Gorsehill Belle (Touchdown x Holly Clover), a 14-year-old Irish Sport Horse mare. These NAJYRC rookies have been competing in Europe for the past year, most recently completing the Sopot CIC2* in Poland.
- Madison Temkin and Debra Henderson’s Kingslee, a 19-year-old Thoroughbred gelding (Calumar x Afforcce). Madison and Kingslee finished fifth individually in the CH-J* at the 2015 NAJYRC and will look for a similar result this year in the CICO2* after a strong season at the Intermediate/two-star level.
Sophie Click and Fernhill Rising for Area VII. USEA/Shelby Allen Photo.
- Kiera Carter and her own Corinthoz (Cortez x Nicolin), a 15-year-old Swedish Warmblood gelding. This pair has been competing successfully at the Intermediate level since 2015. So far this season they placed second in the Intermediate division at Spokane Sport Horse Farm and eighth in the Aspen Farm CIC2*.
- Sophie Click and her own Fernhill Rising and Amy Click’s Hot Wheels. Hot Wheels, a 14-year-old Paint gelding, completed the CH-J* divisions at the NAJYRC in 2014 and 2015 with Sophie in the irons. Sophie and Fernhill Rising, a 9-year-old Irish Sport Horse gelding (Cyrano x Tallys Eagles Wings) began their partnership early this spring and have earned several top-10 finishes at the Preliminary and Intermediate level, most recently finishing fifth in the Aspen Farms CIC2*. Sophie will look for a strong debut in the CICO2* this year.
- Patience O’Neal and her own BC HUW, a 7-year-old Welsh Cob gelding. This pair has competed successfully up to the Advanced/Intermediate level together, recently placing third at Spokane Sport Horse Farm.
The Area VIII 2015 NAJYRC CH-J* Bronze Medal Team. Hope Walden, Jackie Lemastus, Mary Peabody Camp, and Emily Hagan. Brant Gamma Photo.
- Jackie Lemastus and Edith Rameika’s Tatton Winter, a 16-year-old New Zealand Thoroughbred gelding. This pair competed at the 2015 NAJYRC in the CH-J* division. Earlier this spring they finished third in the CIC2* at Poplar Place Farm.
- Hope Walden and Ben And Elaine Walden’s Zatopek B, a 13-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding (Lando x Scaramouche B). Hope and Zatopek B placed third in both the Intermediate at May-Daze and the Intermediate/Preliminary at Midsouth this spring.